Our Portion Forever
In this season of thanksgiving and celebration, spend a few moments considering that none other than the Lord God is our constant and ready supply of all things, always.
- How has God been good to you?
- When has your faith in God been tested?
- Have you ever had doubts about God’s character? How did those doubts affect you and your relationship with God?
- When have you doubted God’s sovereignty? Why?
- Have you ever envied someone else’s wealth and prosperity? Have you ever been angry with God because the lost sometimes seem to have it easy?
- Have you ever questioned the value of being a child of God?
- What does it mean to be holy? What does holiness look like in the life of a Christian?
- Have you ever tried to rely on your own understanding? Can we know anything apart from God?
- What should we do when we have doubts and questions? Is it a sin to voice our doubts to God?
- What do we know about the fate of the wicked? What do we know about the pleasures they experience now?
- Can you remember a time when God gave you understanding and peace about a situation?
- What does it mean to desire no one but God?
- What does it mean to rely completely on God? When have you relied on yourself or someone else? What does it mean to rely on someone other than God?
- When has God given you stability?
- How has He been faithful?
- How has He manifested Himself to you? What is it like for you when you are in God’s presence?