Titles of God
We give glory to God when we recognize and declare who He is, when we exalt Him in our hearts and to the world. We glorify Him by delighting and rejoicing in Him. Central to our ability to give glory to God is to know who He is. We don’t have to wonder or try to imagine what God is like. He has told us. He has revealed Himself to us through His creation. He has revealed Himself to us in His Word. He has revealed Himself to us in His Son.
- He is God Almighty. There is no one or no thing stronger, mightier, more powerful, or greater than God.
- He is God Most High. He is above all things, before all things, creator of all things. There is no one above Him. There was no one before Him. There is no other god besides Him.
- He is Lord and Master. He never loses control of His creation. And everything that is, He created.
- He is the Sovereign. No one tells Him what to do; no one has ever given Him counsel. He has absolute power over life and death. We are His to do with as He pleases. His will cannot be thwarted; His plans cannot be frustrated.
- He is the Alpha and the Omega. He is the beginning and the end of all things.
- He is the Ancient of Days. He is from everlasting to everlasting. He has no beginning and no end. He is eternal.
- He is the Living God. He sees, He hears, and He acts.
- He is the King of kings and the Lord of lords. He reigns over all kingdoms, all governments, and all political powers. He rules all rulers. He is supreme.
- He is the Lord of hosts. He commands heavens armies. He defeats, and has already defeated, all of His enemies.
- He is the King of Glory. He alone is perfect, without blemish, without fault, in every way, always and forever.
- He is the Judge over all of creation. He alone is holy; He alone is righteous. He alone is all knowing. He alone knows the hearts and thoughts of men. He alone is without sin. He alone has the right and the ability and the power to pass judgment.
He is the Christ. Our Kinsman Redeemer. Only God can satisfy the wrath of God. Only God can pay our redemption price. He is mighty to save.