To Give or Not to Give, That is the Question
We have all encountered that desperate looking person, or even a family at the intersection holding a sign stating “ I’m hungry. Please help.” Maybe somebody rolls up to you in the mall parking lot with a sad story followed by a request for money.
Most often our response is something like “I’m very sorry, but I don’t carry cash on me.” Having refused their plea for help you wonder if you did the right thing. Was that an angel of God? Was that an agent of the enemy? We have a moment to decide and we have very little information to go on.
It is difficult to know what to do. Will our gift to this person help them eat today or will they use the money to buy drugs or alcohol? Are they even legit? Am I glorifying God by giving them money? Am I being taken advantage of?
As partakers in the greatest gift ever given, Christians should be generous with their resources. This pleases God. He didn’t give us the money so we could be comfortable. He gave it to us to share with those in need. He gave it to us so we could be a blessing to others. Still, we are to be good stewards of the money He has entrusted us with. Supporting the right charity is one way to ensure your money is being used to glorify God. Here are 7 reasons why you can feel comfortable giving your time and resources to Willing2Share:
- We are a Christ centered organization. We seek to glorify God in every gift we give.
- We desire to connect people to Jesus through relationships. It is why we exist.
- We do not show favoritism to anyone. Anyone in genuine need can apply.
- We prefer to solve problems rather than provide temporary relief.
- We are governed by a small, independent Board of believers. We can respond quickly.
- We have no building and very few assets. The very low overhead costs are borne by other donors. So, every dollar you donate directly benefits a person in need.
- We have nothing to offer you except a receipt and a newsletter. Therefore, every dollar you give is 100% tax deductible.
To donate, visit the Willing2Share “Want to Help?” page. Need help? There is a page for that too. To keep up-to-date on “what’s new” and “upcoming events”, please click here to subscribe to our newsletter. Help us get the word out, like us on Facebook!