Who Are We That He Should Be Mindful of Us?
When we consider the God of the universe and what He has done in light of who He is and who we are, and what we’ve done, how can we do anything other than fall on our knees and worship? After all,
- He is eternal. He has no beginning and no end. Perpetual. Unending. He is the Ancient of Days. There was no one or no thing before Him. He is the beginning and the end. He always has been and always will be. He is the author and finisher of all things.
- He is immutable. He never changes. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is unchanging and unchangeable.
- He is matchless, distinctive, holy. He is pure. Without fault. Blameless. There is no one or no thing to which He can be compared. He is magnificent. He is incomprehensible.
- He is limitless. His storehouses are perpetually full of every good and necessary thing.
- He is perfect. He lacks and is lacking nothing. He is without blemish. He is perfectly beautiful, perfectly happy, perfectly content, and perfectly capable. He is endlessly and completely perfect.
- He is the righteous one who will judge all mankind. He alone knows the hearts of men. He alone is without sin. He alone is qualified.
- He is faithful. His love and compassions never fail. His promises are sure.
- He is gracious. Intrinsically benevolent, generous, kind, merciful, and compassionate. He bestows unmerited favor on His creation. He withholds no good thing from those who love Him.
- He is all-sufficient and self-sufficient. He is the creator of all things, there is nothing we need that He does not possess. There is nothing that He lacks.
- He is our kinsmen redeemer who has liberated His people from captivity. He has rescued His people from the bondage and penalty of sin and has secured for them a place in the Kingdom of God for all eternity, forever and ever and ever.
- He is the Good Shepherd who laid down His life for His sheep.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. (Philippians 4:4)